Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hi Mom

Thanks mom ...I noticed that you changed in the "introduction" to the Blog, that you were blessed with "9" children ( not 8) which is the truth. It just bothers me when your birth to Donny is excluded...he was your little baby too, couldn't imagine how that loss must have felt for you...I guess as a mom now, I sure could imagine...awful. Now how are we going to get that ninth birthstone on your mother ring :)...that always bothered me too. I'm proud of you mom, for having so many of us and ALL that you did...holy shit!! How did you do it!!!! And you liked it! I thought I did awesome getting Dunny's Butter cookies made this Christmas, and that was plopping a spoonful out on the cookies sheet and smoushing it down with the bottom of a cup so we could frost them...to heck with rolling and cutting to much work and time. Oh and I strectched myself and made the "gruntballs" as they were requested by all the kids. That's it....you made 20 different things!!!!!!! How the heck did you do that! That will always be one of my fondest memories as a child. Oh well, you were an amazing mom and still are :)
Happy New Year, hopefully see you soon.

6 comments:

patti said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE SISTER!......YOU SPOKE FOR ME AS WELL,...MOM, CHRISTMAS COOKIES,JOY,FUN..! JUST REMEMBER WHO "TOOK ONE FOR THE TEAM" ...DAD!...HE HAD TO EAT THOSE DAMN BUTTER COOKIES!....

PRAISE BABY DONNY...IN A BLINK OF AN EYE WE WILL BE WITH YOU...

Terri said...

Lol...dad always did sneak, "just one more butter cookies." He loved those things. At the holidays I miss Sturgis as a little girl, so many great memories. Gosh, I guess I must be getting older :) Just doesn't seem that long ago that I was 16, 17, 18....Crap, 40 years have passed by since then. Yikes. Thanks Patti for the birthday message. How blessed we siblings all are to have each other. There is nothing greater than family. love you too. Patti, now we have to put Andy away for another whole year...boo, hoo. :(

Terri said...

oops...I meant 30 years have passed by since than. I thought 40 sounded absurdly aweful :) and I don't know how to go in and edit my comments. I don't think you can because I tried to since I spelled "plan" as "plain" on my other comment. Can't change it. Oh well, sweet dreams :) xoxo

Mom said...

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMPLIMENTS!

Mom said...

I SIT HERE,EYES FILLED WITH TEARS,READING LOVING THOUGHTS OF MEMORIES. THANKS KIDS.THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT

happyjack said...

Bailey's Irish Cream, anyone?